Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Madness

It must be Monday.

I had three over ripe banana's browning on the kitchen counter and decided to be a little more ambitious in the kitchen and actually put them to use instead of disposing of them-- by baking banana bread. This was not a light decision. Wouldn't son and hubby be surprised and pleased with my domestic efforts? I felt pretty inspired.  Dare I say, proud.

So --I googled a recipe, whipped it all up and shoved it in the oven. And then when the bread cooled down, and I had a little sample, I realized a crucial mistake had been made.

Yeah. I forgot to add the sugar. So it tastes like salted cardboard. Mmmmmm.

I think I will dispose of the evidence before I pick up Son from school. :)

3 comments:

  1. I tried to make a lowfat/heart-healthy banana bread recently for a neighbor recovering from heart surgery. OMG, it was gross. It looked weird enough that I decided we better taste it before sending it off. Thank god we did. Yuck! Went straight into the trash! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason this is making me feel like much more of a loser than it should. Wacky hormones of mine are acting up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! At least you didn't bite into a pocket of baking soda!

    ReplyDelete