Monday, May 13, 2013

Best Friends with a Sister Writer!!


Sister authors, Laura and Lisa Roecker, are two of my favorite YA authors in the world! They’re full of win and so many other good qualities and are great authors on top of all that! I was lucky enough to go on a book tour with the sisters last year and they are totally great fun and worthy best friends! You’ll love them!

Lisa and Laura Roecker wrote the Liar Society series and also have a new book coming out this July called This is WAR. I’m SOO excited to read it!

Lisa and Laura Roecker are sisters-turned-writing-partners with a love of all things Young Adult. Some call it arrested development, but the sisters claim it keeps them young. Plus, it’s cheaper than Botox. Lisa and Laura live in Cleveland, Ohio in separate residences. Their husbands wouldn't agree to a duplex. THE LIAR SOCIETY series was their first novel.

So, today Laura was nice enough to take time to talk about her teen best friend, so join us while we chat! Did you have a best friend in high school? If you did, are you still in touch?

Yes and yes. Beginning in middle school, I began to grow close with my best friend. We'd have sleepovers, hang out after school, go to movies. Her family even took me on vacation with them. We are still best friends to this day. She was in my wedding and I was her matron of honor.

Ah!! I KNEW it. You’re a best friends for life girl!!! I love that. So. Did you ever have a big fight?

Unfortunately, yes. It involved a boy. But mainly involved me being stupid and insecure. If I wanted to save our friendship, I had to make the first move, which I finally ended up doing. I had to apologize for being dumb and thank goodness I had the sense to!
 

A good learning lesson for sure. So, did you have a favorite place where you hung out?
 

Everyone loved hanging out at her house. She had a pool and an awesome family and it was always lots of fun. 
 

I wonder if you used sunscreen? I hope so. How much fun to hang out at a house with a pool! So what did you and your best friend most love to do?

When we were little, we loved to dress up in stupid, crazy outfits and take pictures of ourselves being goofy. As we grew older, we loved to lay out in the sun or go shopping.

Sunscreen?? Hmmm! So what did you love most about your teenage best friend?

She has always been very naturally beautiful. Didn't have to try hard to look pretty--never had braces or acne or any of those awful teenage maladies. One would think a person like this would be stuck up, mean or snotty, but she is always kind to everyone and has a huge heart. I love this about her. 
 
Um. I hate to point it out. But have you looked in a mirror lately! But I love that you are so humble. You truly are. So what did you learn from your best teen friend?

I learned to embrace everything that life has to offer and to do it with grace.


That is a great thing to learn!! So do you think your relationships with friends different at this stage in your life?

Yes. We are all very busy with our families, work and life in general. We do not talk nearly as much as we used to, but when we do, we have marathon conversations to get up to date. We also live far away from each other and keep in touch mainly through Instagram and social media. But despite the distance, it works and I still consider her one of my closest friends!
That is amazing! She sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing today! I look so forward to reading new book!

This is W.A.R. begins with a victim who can no longer speak for herself, and whose murder blossoms into a call-to-arms. Enter four very different girls, four very different motives to avenge Willa Ames-Rowan, and only one rule to start: Destroy James Gregory and his family at any cost. Willa's initials spell the secret rallying cry that spurs the foursome to pool their considerable resources and deliver their particular brand of vigilante justice. Innocence is lost, battles are won—and the pursuit of the truth ultimately threatens to destroy them all.

 

3 comments:

  1. They are pretty amazing!! Just love these girls. Makes me really want a sister. :) I'm so glad to see them thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great gals no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete